Display marriage date and place on person overview/tree

Moderator: Elena Polyanskikh

robotriot

Display marriage date and place on person overview/tree

#1 Post by robotriot »

I have two suggenstions regarding the display of marriage information:

When you double click on a person in a tree, it shows a quick overview with birth and death dates and places, their children etc.
It would be great if it was also possible to display the marriage date(s) and place(s) on this overview. To find that out quickly, I always have to click on the edit button first, then go to events where this information is displayed currently.

Another helpful alternative would be, if it was possible to directly display the place of marriage in the tree. Currently, it seems only to be possible to display the date of the marriage in the tree directly.

Elena Polyanskikh

Re: Display marriage date and place on person overview/tree

#2 Post by Elena Polyanskikh »

robotriot wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:15 am I have two suggenstions regarding the display of marriage information:

When you double click on a person in a tree, it shows a quick overview with birth and death dates and places, their children etc.
It would be great if it was also possible to display the marriage date(s) and place(s) on this overview. To find that out quickly, I always have to click on the edit button first, then go to events where this information is displayed currently.

Another helpful alternative would be, if it was possible to directly display the place of marriage in the tree. Currently, it seems only to be possible to display the date of the marriage in the tree directly.
Thank you for the suggestions!
As for n1, marriage date and place are displayed if set, check the ticks in the report options:
2022-04-10_17-13-11.jpg
2022-04-10_17-13-11.jpg (76.45 KiB) Viewed 17042 times
As for n2, thank you again, we are planning to add marriage place in the tree.
Agelong Tree support team
https://genery.com/

robotriot

Re: Display marriage date and place on person overview/tree

#3 Post by robotriot »

Thanks for the tip Elena, that's what I was looking for.