Background color for direct relatives

Questions about Agelong Tree

Moderator: Elena Polyanskikh

Elena Polyanskikh

Re: Background color for direct relatives

#11 Post by Elena Polyanskikh »

nobeja wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:42 pm I try with direct relatives option but I couldn't mark persons like they are marked on image that I'm sending, besides male relatives that have same surname, I also need to mark daughters whose father have surname same as root person.
family tree_.png
You can set colors for direct relatives for bith males and females, don't you? The color choise for females is right under the color for males, look at my first screenshot, please
Or have I misunderstood your question?
Agelong Tree support team
https://genery.com/

nobeja

#12 Post by nobeja »

Sorry for my late reply.

I tried combining males and females fields with different colors, but I couldn't get result.
I couldn't completely separate colors for persons that belong to a family (have same surname as root member)
from colors for persons that are not members of family (doesn't have same surname as root member).

Example:
(members with same surname have darker color and members with different surname, from root member, have lighter color)

If a parents have son and daughter, son's and daughter's colors are darker,
son's children also have darker color,
but daughter's children have lighter color, because they are not members of same family as root member (doesn't have same surname).
family tree_2.png
family tree_2.png (11 KiB) Viewed 23247 times
I don't know if option for Family color could solve this.

Elena Polyanskikh

#13 Post by Elena Polyanskikh »

nobeja wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:45 pm Sorry for my late reply.

I tried combining males and females fields with different colors, but I couldn't get result.
I couldn't completely separate colors for persons that belong to a family (have same surname as root member)
from colors for persons that are not members of family (doesn't have same surname as root member).

Example:
(members with same surname have darker color and members with different surname, from root member, have lighter color)

If a parents have son and daughter, son's and daughter's colors are darker,
son's children also have darker color,
but daughter's children have lighter color, because they are not members of same family as root member (doesn't have same surname).

family tree_2.png

I don't know if option for Family color could solve this.
In Agelong Tree a direct relative is a direct descendant or a direct ancestor of ANY gender. So the daughter's children are direct descendants as well as the son's children. So you can color the direct relatives in one color. We intend to add Family colors in the next version
Agelong Tree support team
https://genery.com/

gullpary123

#14 Post by gullpary123 »

we are looking forward to know more about such a trees.

www.soran.edu.iq