Version 6

Questions about Agelong Tree

Moderator: Elena Polyanskikh

Pal Laurinyecz

Version 6

#1 Post by Pal Laurinyecz »

Hi,

Is there any news about version 6?
Will the Hungarian language be supported in the new version?

Pál.

Elena Polyanskikh

Re: Version 6

#2 Post by Elena Polyanskikh »

Hello,
Hungarian language is supported in Agelong Tree 5 and we are planning to include it in version 6.
We hope to release Agelong Tree 6 in 2024.
Agelong Tree support team
https://genery.com/

baloglaszlo

#3 Post by baloglaszlo »

Pal Laurinyecz wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:15 am Hi,

Is there any news about version 6?
Will the Hungarian language be supported in the new version?

Pál.
Nem kellene ostobaságokat irkálni !!
Már a 4. verzióban is támogatva van a magyar nyelv és dátumforma is.

You shouldn't write nonsense!!
Already in version 4, the Hungarian language and date format are supported.

baloglaszlo

#4 Post by baloglaszlo »

Which would be nice if you were included in the program...
- csv or excel format scanning.
- simple merging of persons and families.
- display of parents and spouses in the persons table.
- possibility of exchange in the database

Elena Polyanskikh

#5 Post by Elena Polyanskikh »

baloglaszlo, thank you for your suggestions.
1. can you explain what you mean by csv or excel format scanning? You can write in Hungarian, we will translate it.
2. merging persons is OK, we see what you mean.
What is merging families? If you mean that two relatives (already present in your tree) become spouses, you need to create a marriage event, add a participant HUSBAND in the event and choose a man from the persons list, then add a participant WIFE and choose a woman from the persons list.
3. this one is clear.
4. can you explain also this one: "possibility of exchange in the database"?

miau

#6 Post by miau »

Hello,

I would have a few suggestions to version 6:
1. Would it be possible to add in the tree view when selecting the fields to display for a given person, the option to add a custom (non-default) field created in the tabular view, where it is possible to have those fields in the display.

2. In respect to the Polish language version I would strongly suggest to correct certain terms:
a) when describing half siblings:
- correct "krewny brat" to "przyrodni brat"
- correct "krewna siostra" to "przyrodnia siostra"
b) when describing baptism correct "chrzciny" to "chrzest". "Chrzciny" stands for a baptism party.

3. In respect to the English language version I would suggest to correct certain terms:
a) when describing half siblings:
- correct "blood brother" to "half-brother
- correct "blood sister" to "half-sister"

4. I believe there is a bug in the program when selecting a person in the event edit. The steps to replicate are as follows:
a) go to a person in the edit mode
b) go to "Events"
c) click on an event
d) add a new witness or participant or try to edit an existing one
e) when in the tabular list click on a filter, either default or a custom
f) select a person
g) add this person to the event
h) click OK in the event edit box and later click OK again in the person edit box to keep the changes
i) move back to the tabular view

You will see that in the tabular view only persons matching the filter set in step e) are visible however the filter is NOT ticked.

I believe that the filter set in step e) should not persist after going back to the event edit.
However if you are of opinion that it should persist then it should be ticked after going back to the tabular view.

5. Would it be possible to filter the Events table using the tree and the table, as it is possible mutually for the tree and table? (EDITED/ADDED)

6. Would it possible to have filters based on prompts? E.g. instead of specifying a filter based on a surname which has to be defined in the filter definition, the surname is provided after filter selection. (EDITED/ADDED)

Thank you in advance for your consideration. The program is really great in general, the database format allows to store more information than just the tree relationships.
Last edited by miau on Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elena Polyanskikh

#7 Post by Elena Polyanskikh »

hello,
thank you for your feedback!
1. If you create a new field in the Persons table, you can then add this field into the list of the displayed fields of the tree. Is that what you wanted?
2. and 3. Thanks, we will correct it.
4. It will be fixed. For now to fix it: tick the filter again and then remove the tick, the filter will be off.
5. Do you mean to filter out the events of the persons who are present/absent in the tree at the moment?
6. Do you mean that a list of surnames should be prompted when creating "Surname" filter?

miau

#8 Post by miau »

Hello,

1. - You are right, it is possible.
2&3 - Thank you
4. I know about this workaround, just wanted to see what can be done about the issue. It is good that it will be fixed.
5. Yes, e.g. select all marriages with a given person, where that person is gets married or is a witness or the other way around, select a marriage in the Events list and see all the persons linked to the event in the tree or the Persons list.
6. Yes, so instead of having a fixed value for filter for surname, the surname is in the filter prompt.

Thank you,

miau

#9 Post by miau »

Hello,

I have found out recently that if the maiden name is the same as the surname after marriage, then the tree will show only a single surname, instead of showing two surnames, what in my opinion is a bit misleading.

Thank you for your consideration